our common purpose
From day one at Dermalogica, you’ll find a common purpose linking every employee: bringing respect and success to the professional skin therapist through top-quality education, innovative products and outstanding customer service. We focus on skin health and products that truly deliver, not false "beauty" claims or miracle cures.
Our industry is full of women entrepreneurs who choose only Dermalogica products to use professionally and sell in their business. They’re all trusting and partnering with you to help them reach the highest level of success in this industry.
our guiding principles
Our Guiding Principles are the compass that defines our way of working as a team. They serve as the foundation for our continued success in the fast-changing environment. They also make Dermalogica a unique place to work.
- Delegate authority -- Lead with intent at every level, set clear guardrails, divide tasks to conquer goals. Focus on the why (strategy) & guardrails, not the how.
- Innovate in everything -- Innovation is at the heart of every part of our business. We place emphasis on always learning, and bringing new technology and best practices to every aspect of what we do. Challenging the status quo to make things better is encouraged and rewarded.
- Switch stuff off -- We make way for innovation by eliminating what no longer serves us (or our customers). Our teams prioritize purpose over process.
- Compare relentlessly -- We listen to our customers. We try, test and iterate nimbly. Failure is an analytical learning opportunity. We strive for constant progress rather than perfection.
- Live the brand codes & the compass -- Bring the brand to life at every touchpoint with the Brand Codes. Ensure everything delivers the compass: Education, Personalization, Human Touch
We are proud of our commitment to sustainability.
- We are recognized cruelty-free by PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) and Leaping Bunny.
- We are certified vegan on all but 4 of our products.
- We have been clean since 1986. Our formulas are free of artificial colors and fragrances, mineral oil, lanolin, S.D. alcohol, parabens and microplastics.
- By the end of 2020, 90% of our packaging will be recyclable or bio-degradable. Much of our packaging is already sustainable.
- Going forward, all paper and cartons we use are FSC certified to be sustainable for forests.
- Our formulae are all manufactured in California, which boasts some of the world's strongest environmental and consumer protections.
Dermalogica is the leader of an industry that affords more women the opportunity to own their own businesses than any other, and we’ve seen first-hand the positive impact that women entrepreneurs have on their local economies, communities and families. In celebration of this, our FITE (Financial Independence Through Entrepreneurship) program invests in future women entrepreneurs through business up-skilling, microfinance and thought leadership around the world.